Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Madrid Vision



Monday marked our first day exploring Madrid. We got free tickets to take the Madrid Vision, which is one of those dorky double decker, open topped buses. Yeah, so it was a little "touristy" and we were the only people under the age of 50 on the bus, but it got us all around Madrid very efficiently and gave a good overview of the city.

We visited a lot of the historical parts of Madrid in the morning...the royal palace, the cathedral, puerta del sol. For lunch and the rest of our afternoon, we went to the Park Retiro. It is a big, beautiful park, much like a golden gate park or central park. So far it has been my favorite part of Madrid! We took some silly pictures there, watched the row boats pass by on the lake, and visited the Crystal Palace. Here is a slide show of our fun times at the park:



The Spaniards love their jamon (ham)!
This place was a hit for us because they had clean bathrooms with toilet paper!

"Being spanish" having a drink at a cafe in the Plaza Mayor.

Kelly makes me take a lot of pictures by myself (not my favorite thing to do),
but here I am in the Plaza Mayor.

The Puerta del Sol-- said to be the center of Spain.

I didn't get the best shot of this, but it is people smoking cigarettes
in line to buy more cigarettes. I laughed.

No comments:

Post a Comment