Sunday, May 24, 2009

14 Hour Journey

I made it! I am in Spain.  Some highlights/thoughts from my thrilling 14 hour journey to get here...

1. Air Canada Rocks!
Air Canada recently redid the interiors of their airplanes so that each seat has its own personal tv screen.  Perfect for someone who can't sleep on planes!  I got to watch a few movies, and there were even more that I didn't get to.  There were probably about 20 to choose from.  I watched Valkyrie (sp?), Gran Torino, and most of The Wrestler.  They also had TV and XM radio.  Almost as cool as Virgin America, but not quite.

2. Toronto Airport
So I though the Toronto airport was really cool because they have these lightening speed people movers.  You have to stand on certain strips of it so you don't get sucked in when it slows down at the end.  Unfortunately, the rest of the airport was not nearly as cool.  There were only 2 places to eat in the terminal.  A burger fast food place and a donut shop...not exactly what I was in the mood for, but I went with the burger...my last american meal (in canada) for awhile...

3. Sitting at the Airport
I felt like everyone was looking at me weird when I was standing at the airport.  Everyone was sitting waiting to board.  I was like "why are you sitting when we are waiting to sit for 8 hours straight?"

4. Don't Always Panic...
when a large person sits down next to you on the plane.  I had a momentary, "oh no, this is going to be a long 8 hours only being able to use 3/4 of my seat" when a large woman took the seat next to me on the plane.  Turned out she didn't speak a lick of english, but was able to tell me she was Portuguese. We exchanged a lot of body language throughout the flight and she was the sweetest lady.  I felt like if she spoke english she would have invited me to her house for dinner.  Odd thing about her...she didn't get up from her seat once.  Who can do that? I was getting a little worried about my new friend.

Unfortunately, nothing else too exciting or entertaining happened along the way, but I am here safe and sound :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment