Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Rose Bowl Weekend

On Wednesday morning I loaded up the car and departed for Pasadena...well actually Sylmar.  The trip took about six hours.  I-5 was moving, but still a lot of cars on the road.  I would get really excited every time I saw a Duck car (apparently I am easily amused when driving alone).  Good thing I discovered the ipod hook up in my car a while back, so that helped to entertain me on the way down.

I arrived in Sylmar around 4pm and was greeted by my cousin Dan, his wife Bego, and their two kids Kevin (7) and Isaac (3).  I hung out with them most of the weekend, which was a lot of fun for me since I don't get to see them too often.  Still fighting my cold, I stayed in on NYE and offered to babysit my little cousins.  We had a fun night playing wii, eating pizza and ice cream, and watching movies.

Ok, so I woke up new years day for the highlight of my trip...ROSE BOWL day!!!  I got to the parking lot a little after 9am.  Luckily I beat most of the traffic getting in AND I got a spot in Lot 2, which is where my friend Suzanne had set up a tailgate.  I got to see lots of old Gamma Phi friends at her tailgate, which was awesome. 

After spending some time there, I was on a mission to find some other friends and get my ticket.  A small group of us went to find an old PIKE friend Chris Abernathy.  It was a success and great to visit with him. 

Along the way, we found more friends...Bink, Neil, Nina, and E.  They joined us to find the RV tailgate.  When we got to the RV, we met up with Ben and Luke, hung out for a bit and got our tickets :)  We found out some great news that there would be a group of us all sitting together.  I thought it would be just me and G since the tickets were sold in pairs.  Luke was able to get a block of tickets though!

We went into the game a little before it started after getting herded like cattle over to our gate.  We had a nice view from our seats and were excited to watch the Ducks take on Ohio State.  Unfortunately the game did not end in our favor, but it was still a great experience!

I came home Saturday night, so I would have a day to get some things done before heading back to work.  Now I am just day dreaming about where to go next...

1 comment:

  1. sounds like a great trip!! And love the blog updates. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete