Monday, January 13, 2014

Ireland!

Everyone thought I was joking when I said I was taking a big, fat vacation when my co-worker returned from her 6 month long maternity leave that I was covering.  But...they were wrong.  Ireland was booked and nothing was stopping me.

My friend Jen recently got married and decided she wanted to share the first part of her honeymoon with her friends in Ireland for New Years.  Before we knew it, eight people were on board for this crazy adventure.  Going into the trip, this was our itinerary (which we pretty much stuck to):


Dec. 27- Arrive in Dublin
Dec. 29- Dublin
Dec. 30-Dublin (day trip to Kilkenny)
Dec. 31-Travel to Galway/New Year's Eve
Jan. 1-Galway
Jan.2- Galway (day trip to the Cliffs of Moher/ the Burren)
Jan. 3- Ashford Castle (County Mayo)
Jan 4- Travel to Dublin
Jan. 5- tbd 
Jan. 6- fly home

We probably would have been able to travel to other areas of Ireland if NYE didn't fall right in the middle of our trip.  With such a large group, we mostly traveled by train and tour bus.  With a smaller group we could have rented a car to see more of the country, but we still had plenty to do and see where we were.



No comments:

Post a Comment