Monday, January 16, 2012

Trip to Bali

In early August the opportunity to go to Bali (Indonesia) fell in my lap...and how could I say no?!?!  It went something like this:

Jen (good friend from grad school):
HI! Welcome home! Got a question for ya. How much of a possibility would it be for you to be able to come to Bali Indonesia for New Years and stay for the week?

Me:
Well considering how impossible it is for me to turn down vacations, it could be possibility.  What dates are you looking at?? WOW!  That could be amamzing!!

Jen:
Sends basics of trip

Corrie:
Happy 30th Birthday to ME!!!!!!  Um, it all sounds amazing.  I said I wanted to go somewhere for my 30th, and what is much better than Bali?  As long as I can get the time off work (which really shouldn't be a problem), I think you'll have to count me in.  I feel like this is such an impulse decision, but what is there really to think about???

And so a few days later, I had a plane ticket in hand and the anticipation of leaving drove me crazy for five months.



Here was our basic itinerary (more details in posts to come):

December 28
Arrive at SFO

December 29
Leave for Bali at Midnight
China Airlines with a layover in Taipei, Taiwan

December 30
Arrive in Bali
Check into the Pelangi Hotel, Seminyak Beach
Dinner in Seminyak
Drinks on the beach

December 31
Shopping/Lunch in Seminyak
Massages at Spa in hotel
NYE Gala hosted by hotel
Seminyak Beach parties

January 1
Tour to:
Mengwi Temple
Ubud Monkey Forest
Tanah Lot Temple
Dinner in Seminyak

January 2
Foot Massage in Seminyak
Transport to Villas
Arrive at Uluwatu Surf Villas
Dinner cooked by Villas chef

January 3
12 hour tour of Bali, including:
Batik Shop
Rice Terraces
Bali Pulina (Argo-Tourism)
Mt. Batur (volcano)
Lunch overlooking Mt. Batur
Hot Springs on Lake Batur
Basukian Temple (Largest temple in Bali)

January 4
Padang Padang Beach
Uluwatu Temple and Monkeys
Kecak and Fire Dance Show

January 5
Free/Relaxation day at villas
BBQ Dinner, cooked by villa chef

January 6
Water sports at Bali Jet Set in Nusa Dua

January 7
Last full day
Shopping in Uluwatu
Lunch at YeYe's
Sunset dinner near villa- The Edge & Silver Fin Restaurant

January 8
Pack up
Fly out of Denpensar
Layover in Taipei
Arrive home at SFO

No comments:

Post a Comment